Wednesday, October 2, 2013

State Visits Reaffirm Commitment

I wanted to share with everyone what I have been up to over the last few weeks. I have traveled around the state meeting with Team MoDOT in KC, SW, NW,Central and NE Districts. I have met with Management Teams, Maintenance Buildings and gone out to construction projects and maintenance operations. I also attended a couple of the training sessions for the on boarding for our new maintenance employees.

Here are few observations. I am very glad to see how seriously the teams are taking the on boarding plan. This will make a huge difference in making sure new employees feel welcome and are safe and productive. I sat in on in on a couple of Morning Musters/ Safety talk/ Risk Based Assessments. I was impressed with how crews are using these tools to make things safer. For example Tyler a Crew Leader did a great job of leading the safety discussion and made sure it was very appropriate for the work for the day. When I have been out on projects and maintenance operations I can see the pride you take in the jobs you do.

My travels have reaffirmed what I have always known. We have committed,enthusiastic folks that do great things.

No comments:

Post a Comment