Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Pride and Partnership Make Great Things Happen

I wanted to share with you the events of last weekend. I had the pleasure of attending the opening ceremonies for the Stan Musial Veterans Memorial Bridge.

It is a very impressive bridge that took a big team effort from many disciplines and a lot of coordination with our partners. But the most satisfying part was when I talked with members of the MoDOT team who worked on the project.  You could see the pride they shared. Many of our team had brought their families out to show them what they had accomplished. One family came all the way from Houston to see the bridge. I see this type of pride in our folks all the time and that makes me proud of Team MoDOT.

The night after the bridge ceremony, I went to the American Council of Engineering Companies awards banquet. This is where the consulting industry recognizes excellence in engineering. Many MoDOT projects were recognized and each one was great on its own merits, and I am sure you will read about them in Connections or MoDOT Now.  

What struck me was not just the complexities of each individual project, but the unifying theme of how well MoDOT works with our partners to produce outstanding results. While we take this for granted, and this is just our way, it doesn’t happen in other organizations. 

So I want to say, "Congrats to all our winning teams!"

No comments:

Post a Comment